Thursday, March 6, 2008

Tubes Are In

Well, the tubes are in and Tree Faerie is doing fine. She was only away from us for 15 minutes, and while it was the longest 15 minutes of my life, we made it. She was an unhappy camper until she got to come home and take a nap. We were home by 10AM, and I had her down for a nap by 10:30. She slept for two solid hours, after which she was happy and fun.

We also handled not being able to nurse after midnight okay. Not great, but okay. At 2AM she woke up and couldn't understand why I wasn't letting her nurse. Since Tree Faerie chose to express her displeasure by screaming at the top of her lungs, DTTF got up and suggested we take her for a drive. He drove us around for about an hour and showed me one of the places he used to live. When she finally fell asleep after 40 minutes, all of which were peaceful, I was a little afraid I wouldn't be able to get her in the house and in bed without her waking up. Thankfully there were no complications, and she slept until DTTF's alarm went off at 6:20. I managed to keep her distracted from nursing most of the morning. All in all, it wasn't too terrible.

I've already noticed an improvement in Tree Faerie's balance. She hasn't fallen nearly so often since the tubes were put in. We'll see if there are any rapid changes in her speech...

Thanks for the support and encouragement.

Hopefully I'll actually get around to writing Tree Faerie's 14 month letter tomorrow. She didn't get one last month.

7 comments:

Not Afraid to Use It said...

I am so glad it went so well. We nearly had to gets tubes for LittleMan, so I can't imagine how you felt. I hope you see her speech grows by leaps and bounds and that you feel better about this in a few months.

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Yeah, that was how long Bubba was in his surgery and it felt like FOREVER! Glad she made it through OK and that you already see improvements!

Love, hugs, kisses, and happy ears!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I'm glad that all went well. SO did you decide to wean? why were you having to distract her from nursing?

Annikke said...

I am so glad to hear that things are going well! phew! what a relief!

KATE said...

I'm so glad that everything went well! Good job! What a little trooper!

Patti said...

so glad this went well for all of you. i am willing to bet the speech will follow at a great speed!

KATE said...

Hi Andrea, I just wanted to stop by & let you know that I changed my blog address. It's now:

ourcrazylifewithkids.blogspot.com

and the recipe blog is at

bigfatmommyrecipes.blogspot.com