I've got a lot going through my head, so this post is going to be a bit random and cover a lot of topics.
- We're going to the zoo tomorrow! I can hardly wait! I hope Tree Faerie loves it half as much as I know I will.
- Manic Mommy made me feel loved. :) She let me read her novel 40 Weeks, which I absolutely loved! I laughed, I cried, I held my breath. So, I talked to my publishing friends about it, and they told me to have her contact them. She has, so now I'm waiting (as I'm sure she is) with crossed fingers and bated breath! I can hardly wait to see where this goes! You can read the first few chapters of 40 Weeks here.
- I hate being broke. We're not penniless, but we're way below our comfort zone. I think daycare is having more of a financial impact than we originally calculated. But I'm still going to the zoo!
- In a few weeks, DTTF, Tree Faerie, and I are going to a retreat. This retreat is one I've helped coordinate for several years now, and this is the first year in a long time where I'm not one of the co-coordinators. It feels odd. I'm not sure how the weekend is going to go. I have faith in the person running it this year, but this is her last year (of her own accord). The person shadowing her to learn how to run it is a person I don't have a lot of confidence in when it comes to pulling off a big event like this. I think I'm also harboring a few selfish feelings because I've worked long and hard to be the next person to take over the festival coordination, but I feel I don't have the time, energy, and resources to be a new mom and run a festival yet. But SHH! Don't tell anyone.
- There's a church function scheduled for Sunday, but I'm not sure we're going. There have been disagreements lately between us and a couple of the people who will be there, and I don't know if I have the strength or fortitude to keep my mouth shut. We'll see how things pan out. I'm the type that usually tries to please everyone, but lately I've become more... what word am I looking for? Let's use the word REALISTIC. That will work. I've become more realistic, so when a person has their head up their butt, sometimes I find it necessary to tell them - especially when the current position of their head is affecting my view of the world.
- Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, please make it a point to go click on the button on The Breast Cancer Site to help make sure all women have the opportunity to get this exam, especially since so many people these days do not have health insurance. I've become a little more aware this year since my wonderful mother-in-law is now considered a breast cancer survivor.
- If you want to know a dozen or so ways to use lemons besides for lemonade, visit Fey's Tricks of the Trade.
That's all, I think. Have a wonderful weekend, bloggerland! Peace out! :)