Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Procrastination

Manic Mommy recently made the comment that one reason for procrastination is the FEAR. She's absolutely right! I am one of the world's greatest procrastinators, and a good portion of the time it's because of fear! (The other times are usually because I just don't want to do whatever it is that I'm putting off, otherwise known as laziness.)

Now, this is not news to me. In fact, I will freely admit to the right company when I'm procrastinating because of fear. The right company is usually DTTF, partially because he knows me best and partially because he's my sounding board for a lot of things.

I think my book is in its incubation period, though. When I talk about it, I get goosebumps, but it's not quite ready to be birthed forth into the world yet. Or maybe I'm not ready for it to be born yet. Either way, every time I've sat down thus far to write the book, it just doesn't feel right.

2 comments:

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

when it's time you'll know.

KATE said...

And when it is time, it will be fabulous. I'm sure hard & exhausting at times, most creative things are...you'll do great. I completely agree with Carrie, when it's time, you'll just know & it will work out & be "birthed"! I'm excited!