Monday, November 12, 2007

Veterans Day

Happy Veterans Day! To all the veterans I hold dear to my heart, thank you for serving this great country of ours. This includes, my mother, my step-father, my biological father, 3 uncles, and lots of friends. While I may not always agree with the reason for our military involvement in some things, I definitely support the people who serve in the military. It takes a lot of honor and commitment to endure some of the hardships you encounter, and I admire you for it. Again, thank you.

In other news...

***Warning: I'm talking about Breasts again! If you don't want to know, skip to the next ***.

I have ANOTHER plugged duct! The first one cleared out Friday night, bringing wonderful relief and leaving only a little tenderness. Yesterday evening, I discovered another one slightly to the right of where the first on was. I don't know what I'm doing that keeps causing these, but I do not enjoy them in the least. I slept with the heating pad last night, which made it feel better, and it's moving down today. The moving part is only painful when it actually moves or when it's time to pump. The rest of the time, I'm fine.

***It is now safe to read again.***

We had a good weekend. NaBloPoMo is actually rather difficult because it's hard to find time to just sit and write when I'm at home. Any down time I have at home is spent doing other things. But a short post is better than no post at all, right? Saturday night we went to a chili cookout at a friend's house in the country. I really admire that she drives SO far to come to work. I don't see me doing that in this life. We all had a great time. Sunday was spent doing laundry and taking it easy. No major drama and nothing stressful = my kind of weekend.

This morning I got my flu shot, and Tree Faerie will have hers on Saturday morning. I figure with her in daycare and me working, we can't afford to get the flu. DTTF isn't getting the flu shot, but he's a big boy and can take care of himself. I bought Vicks Vaporub just for the occasion and even shared!

For those of you who don't know, if you put Vicks Vaporub on the shot site after getting a shot, it relieves and reduces the soreness. A lady who works for one of our clients told me about this a few hours after Tree Faerie got her 4-month shots. I didn't use it immediately, but the next day her legs were really tender, and she screamed whenever the daycare teachers touched her legs. I had to go pick her up from daycare because they couldn't console her. I put Baby Vicks on her thighs as soon as we got home (and yes, she screamed), and within 30 minutes I had a happy baby again instead of a scream-monster. I've been a believer ever since.

8 comments:

Cecily R said...

I've done the Vicks trick with all my kids and it really does work! I worked for a pediatrician when I was in high school and the war horse nurse that had been working there since practically before I was born told me about that one. I am grateful, and so are the neighbors. :)

Monnik said...

I wish I'd have known that Vick's trick when my kiddos were little...

Hope that duct gets unclogged soon. Those hurt!!!

Heather said...

Thanks for the Vicks info. That is great to know, and we will definitely use it in the future. Although my son, Jack, may balk at the smell. He is very sensitive to strong odors.
http://3boysundermyroof.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Vicks again?! First coughing and now shot relief...I had NO idea.

Oh, those clogged ducts are killer and even worse when you have to use a pump. I'm so sorry. I'm sending healing vibes your way.

KATE said...

I love the Vicks trick. You & Cecily gave me that one when Brooke had her shots. Thanks btw!

I love Vicks, it's one of my favorite cold therapies. (My husband HATES it!!)

I'm sorry about your poor boobs!! I hope they clear out soon so you don't want to kill yourself. I remember that all too well! Good Luck!

xxxx said...

I have never heard the Vicks trick before!

Unknown said...

Vicks is amazing stuff! And thanks for the boob well-wishes. It's getting better already. Like Devin said, pumping totally sucks with a plugged duct!

Unknown said...

Pumping sucks... Hehehe... I crack myself up.