Thursday, January 10, 2008

Rainy Day Snuggles

As you all know, I love my daughter dearly. I love her kisses, her hugs, her snuggles, and even her abuse, even though I don't necessarily enjoy the abuse.

When Tree Faerie wakes up in the morning, I put her in bed with me for a few minutes for snuggles before we start our day. I change the TV channel to Disney, and we watch Playhouse Disney. This snuggle time usually doesn't last very long, maybe 10 minutes at the most, because Tree Faerie usually wants to climb off the bed to go chase the cat or DTTF or something.

This morning was different. She called to me from her bed just a few minutes after 7, so I grabbed her and put her in bed with me. DTTF made his coffee then headed to the bathroom. I flipped the channel to Disney and started watching My Friends Tiger & Pooh. Tree Faerie snuggled against me, and while we snuggled there watching TV, I heard thunder. I couldn't think of a more perfect place to be at that moment, except to have DTTF join us.

My wish was soon granted, even though I knew he didn't really have time to snuggle. Tree Faerie was just being so cute and lovable that she was impossible to resist. We could have stayed that way all day if given the opportunity.

Of course, after about 20 minutes, Storm came in, so Tree Faerie wanted down to go chase the cat. We got up and about after that, but my entire day has been absolutely wonderful because I had extra snuggle time this morning.

6 comments:

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I absolutely LOVE my snuggle time with Tukey--Curious George at 8AM... he goes to afternoon kindergarten. While I'm excited to have free full days next year to concentrate on writing, I will really, really miss my snuggle time!!!

WahhhH!

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Wow! What a great way to start the morning! I love it when LittleBird sits on my while watching cartoons and I try to snooze on the couch. It is all very snuggly and lovely. Glad you got such a great start to your day!

Monnik said...

aw... snuggle time is so precious. this makes me miss when my kids were little...

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Oh, awesome! Rainy-day snuggles with the ones you love are always the best!

XYZinn said...

I love snuggle time...especially when my kids are calm enough to snuggle back!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

let me just say, "awwwwwwwwww!"