Monday, July 9, 2007

These Precious Moments

Saturday morning I had the bed all to myself at 6:45 AM because DTTF fell asleep on the couch. Tree Faerie woke up to nurse and went back to sleep, but every time I tried to lay her back in her bed, she fussed. Every time I took her away from my shoulder, she fussed. So, I lay down in bed with her on my chest and we got another hour of sleep. By 8 AM, Tree Faerie was starting to stir and I really had to pee, so I slid Tree Faerie off my chest and onto the bed.

She opened one eye, looked at me, grinned really big, and smacked me in the face.

“Well, good morning to you, too!” I said chuckling and kissed her on the cheek.

She pushed herself up on her hands, flopped over on me with one arm around my neck, and planted a big, wet, open-mouthed kiss on my cheek. She pulled away, gave me a huge grin, and giggled.

I wouldn’t trade this for the world!

No comments: